What I'm up to
It’s 2024!? I'm still teaching and building out the education curriculum for Perpetual Education. We're gearing up for the new sessions.
Students at PE build real-world client projects. If you’ve got a project in mind, let’s talk about it. Ask me about special pricing and how you can get your project built by a fresh and passionate team of designers.
As a designer/developer/product designer: I provide a thoughtful approach to your goals. Research, content strategy, user-testing, UX, layouts, UI, design patterns, live style-guides, system architecture, cms, team building, brochures, content portals, applications, and whatever other buzzwords you can muster up.
(It’s all really just Design)
I enjoy a lean and iterative design process. So, if you're just getting started - that’s when I can be the most effective. I'm currently playing UX Engineer over at BetterLife - so, I'm all booked up for work.
Would you like to be friends?
- I don't want to live in the metaverse. I much prefer real life.
- If you'd like to talk with me face to face, just Schedule a time. I do not bite.
- You can email me email@example.com
- I am @sheriffderek in web-related social arenas. My real name is Derek Wood. You can call me Derek or Sheriff.
- Are you a developer? I really like CSS. If you are trying to learn, (we're always learning...) join us on the CSS Discord. From there - there are also links to many other servers for the various languages.
- I also write about design and CSS all over the place. For example, you can read my article On Type Patterns and Style Guides over at CSS-Tricks.
- As of mid 2023: In addition to PE duties, I'm also contracting on a really cool project with BetterLife doing some UI/UX work and working with Nuxt. And for mentorship outside of PE, I'm now available via Mentor Cruise.
Join the Design/Conversations newsletter to hear about what I’m thinking. 🤠
You can watch some videos I've made on YouTube.
If you really want to... you can connect on X or LinkedIn, but I don't put any time into those platforms. If you really want to help me out, then come back me up on Reddit. These trolls are out of their minds.
That's all! Nothing more to see here folks, (for now)